First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has become one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The latest edition of StingRay 5 has been reimagined with new features and appointments that provide a new level of playing comfort while retaining that revered iconic StingRay sound. Featured revisions include an enhanced contour that is rounded for more comfort in any playing position, a sculpted neck joint for uninhibited upper fret access to all 22 stainless steel frets, and lightweight aluminum hardware providing a lighter, more balanced instrument. The new and improved StingRay pickups feature powerful neodymium magnets for higher output and a new 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping. Solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 4+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbuckers, all together produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- Body: Selected Hardwoods
- Neck: Figured Roasted Maple with Ebony fretboard. 5-bolt contoured neck joint
- Frets: 22 stainless steel frets
- Hardware: Lightweight modern classic bridge and tuning machines
- 2 Humbuckers with Neodymium pickup magnets for increased output
- 3-band eq
- 18 V preamp for extra headroom with no clipping