The Fender Stories Collection pays tribute to legendary musicians, their beloved modified Fender electric guitars and the extraordinary music they created together.
Eric Johnson already had his 1954 "Virginia" Stratocaster® when he recorded Tones* and the Platinum Ah Via Musicom**, groundbreaking albums that made him a hero to music fans and guitarists alike. To this day, Eric continues to release brilliant music, tour constantly and is, to the electric guitar community, a savant and widely followed tastemaker. In 2020, for the first time, Eric's 1954 Virginia Stratocaster will be replicated by both Fender Custom Shop and the Fender Corona Production line in limited numbers. With its rare rift/quartersawn sassafras body, lacquer finish, custom wiring and more, the Eric Johnson 1954 Virginia Stratocaster will thrill players and collectors alike with its distinctive look and exceptional tone.
*(1987 Grammy for best Rock Instrumental Performance)
**(1991 Grammy for best Rock Instrumental Performance)
- Two-piece, offset-seam sassafrass body
- “Soft V”-shaped maple neck; 12”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- DiMarzio® HS2 bridge pickup; Fender ’57/62 single-coil Strat® middle and neck pickups
- Custom wiring and artist-specific setup
- Includes G&G tweed hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity