Well back into the 1990s and right up to this day, Troy Van Leeuwen has contributed deftly textural guitar work and atmospherics to some of alt-heavy rock’s most acclaimed and forward-thinking bands. From the influential ’90s alternative of Failure to A Perfect Circle, Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Puscifer and others, Van Leeuwen’s multi-instrumental expertise has given great color and power to a great deal of very creative rock music.
The Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster® guitar is as distinctive as the sounds he wrings from it. Its gloss Oxblood finish with a four-ply red tortoiseshell pickguard is darkly alluring, with the interestingly contrasting touch of two white “witch hat” control knobs. The dual tone circuits (lead, rhythm) use a two-way toggle switch on the upper horn rather than the customary slider switch, and the brass-saddle Mustang bridge is combined with a Jazzmaster tailpiece. Other features include a maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and heel-end truss rod adjustment, 7.25”-radius bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets and pearloid block inlays, two American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups with three-way toggle switching, and vintage-style tuners. Hard-shell case included.
- Alder body
- Gloss C-profile maple neck
- 21-fret bound rosewood fingerboard
- Pearloid block inlays
- Matching body-colour painted headstock
- American Vintage ’65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster pickups
- Dual tone circuits with two-way toggle switch
- 3-position pickups selector switch
- White witch-hat control knobs
- Brass saddle Mustang bridge
- Jazzmaster tremolo tailpiece
- Four-ply tortoiseshell pickguard
- Oxblood color