The WA76 Discrete Compressor is a modern reproduction of the Classic '76 Revision D. The
WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering's (now
CineMag) transformer design. The classic '76 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology,
and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception. Engineers have craved the ultra-fast
attack time and trademark sound of the '76 for decades, and now it is finally affordable!
Our goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without
compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- True to the Classic '76 compressor in design and performance.
- Completely discrete signal path.
- Modeled after the D revision.
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting.
- Ultra fast attack time.
- Class A line level output amplifier.
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating).
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz.
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs.
- 50db of gain.
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting.
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm.
- EIN -104.1 dbm.
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds.
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second.
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer.
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U.